With so much information available online, sometimes people wonder, “Why should we hire a real estate agent?” They wonder, if they couldn’t buy or sell a home through the Internet or regular marketing and advertising channels without a real estate agent. Some do OK; many don’t. So if you’ve wondered the same thing, here are 10 reasons why you might want to consider hiring a professional real estate agent.
professional real estate agent
1. EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION. You don’t have to be knowledgeable about the market and buying and selling real estate, your agent does.
2. NEIGHBOURHOOD KNOWLEDGE. An agent knows which areas are hot and cold and have access to comparable solds from each area.
3. PROPER PRICING. Agents do not set prices for buyers and sellers but they have access to market statistics and comparables that will determine market value.
4. AGENTS ARE BUFFERS. If you’re a seller, your agent will filter all those phone calls that lead to nowhere and try to induce serious buyers to write an offer immediately. If your a buyer an agent can set up showings, give you market knowledge and help negotiate the best possible purchase price for you.
5. PROFESSIONAL NETWORKING. Real estate agents network with other professionals, many of whom provide services that you will need to buy or sell such as lawyers, home inspectors, stagers etc.
6. NEGOTIATING SKILLS. Top agents negotiate well because, unlike most buyers and sellers, they can remove themselves from the emotional aspects of the transaction.
7. PAPERWORK. Agents and their staff are trained to properly handle all the volumes of paperwork involved. Any little mistake could prove to be costly.
8. DEAL WITH COMPLICATIONS. Even the smoothest transaction can end up having complications. Agents are trained to handle and assist with complications as they arise.
9. INFORMATION ON MARKET CONDITIONS. Agents can disclose market conditions, which will help determine your selling or buying process. Many factors determine how you will proceed. Data such as the average per square foot cost of similar homes, median and average sales prices, average days on market and ratios of list-to-sold prices, among other criteria, will have a huge bearing on what you ultimately decide to do.
10. BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS FOR FUTURE BUSINESS. The basis for an agent’s success and continued career in real estate is referrals. Few agents would survive if their livelihood was dependent on consistently drumming up new business. This emphasis gives agents strong incentives to make certain clients are happy. It also means that an agent who stays in the business will be there for you when you need to hire an agent again.